My son is patient of microcephaly I need bes t doctors for his therapy's like speech and physiotherapy
views-icons 44 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Microcephaly

doctor profile image
Dr. Rohit Ayyar
4 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Hello Sir/Maam A proper therapy programme can only be determined based on the extent of microcephaly present which would need a thorough purview of the child's reports, scans and a paediatric diagnosis. Based on the reports and a thorough assessment, it can then be decided if the child would best benefit from physical therapy, speech therapy or visual therapy. In my professional opinion, speech therapy can still wait a few more months. You must primarily begin with a specialist paediatric physiotherapist who would be able to able to best guide the child. Paediatric Physiotherapists trained in NDT (Neurodevelopmental Techniques) would be the best. I would be able to refer you to a few of my colleagues who are specialized in Paediatric Physio if required. Hope that answers your question.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
message icon Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?