Methotrexate - psoriasis
One of my doctor told me about methotrexate for psoriasis treatment. But he told me to know about that. Is it good to use methotrexate for psoriasis treatment. Need some suggestions. Thank you.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Greetings.  Methotrexate is one of the simplest basic oral medication needed for treating psoriasis.  However, like with any other medication you'll need to have certain basic baseline testing and monitoring tests while on psoriasis.  It does have a few effects like liver enzyme elevation, blood count reduction but these can be monitored and the duration for which Methotrexate should be taken should be decided  by the doctor.  If not Methotrexate, discuss other options but  each will have it's  pro s and cons. Warm regards
Dr. Jolly Shah Kapadia
Dermatologist 18 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi! Thanks for your query. Methotrexate is a good option to put certain types of psoriasis in remission. Your Dermatologist will guide you regarding the same. A combination treatment e.g Methotrexate and narrow band UVB helps better.
Consult a dermatologist and start treatment under proper guidance and after proper blood tests.
Do not take medicines randomly.

Methotrexate injection