skin-hair-icon
Mercury poison/MRI/SLE
I have mercury/silver tooth fill done 7 years back. I was diagnosed with SLE (auto immune). I got affected by transverse myelitis (paraplegic). I have done spine MRI scans thrice n I got rigours immediately after that. 3rd time, it was severe n I went to unresponsive state. Does it has connectionwith mercury poison?
50 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Aditya Khanna
General Physician 6 yrs exp Kangra
A/C to given history it appears you might be allergic to contrast used in MRI. IF it has happened once MRI should not be done again as reaction will be more severe than previous time every time MRI with contrast is done.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.