diabetes-icon

Mensuration problem

My last periods occur on 11 april. In my ultrasound report it was observe that endometrial stripe was 12mm thick. My family doctor advise me to take medroxyprogestrone acetate tablets for 5 days but still no improvement. Please advise me what can i do to solve this problem

Doctor Answers (1) on Mensuration problem

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.... I understand your problem, I think you should know that the endometrial thickness various according to each phase of menstrual cycle which is under the influence of female hormones.... The thickness at the time of menstruation will be 2-4mm and after that it will be around 11-14mm and 14-16mm according to the hormone which influences it.... Medroxyprogestrone acetate usually used for hormone replacement therapy and in cases of endometriosis, usually has good result.... I suggest you to consult a nearest gynecologist for further queries....