Memory loss

I keep forgetting somethings in my daily life . and later il suddenly remember it also sometimes some situation wouldn't even have happened but I believe it has happened. and at work I'm not even able to communicate what I want properly and no one understands what I'm saying . is it possible for me to have Alzheimer's?

Doctor Answers (2) on Memory loss

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, it's okay to feel worried about your poor memory considering you're only 21. This is quite normal to happen if you are too busy with something or it could be lack of sufficient attention. And when you do remember you feel certain things have happened even though they haven't because in your head you have visualised the expected reactions rather than be attentive to the scene in present. So basically, what I'm trying to say is that if your mind is too preoccupied with thoughts memory and communication can be affected. So in this case, take it slow, take deep breathes and clear your head so that your thoughts are clearly communicated and your memory also sharpens.
K V Anand Palakkad | Clinical Psychologist
Dear, welcome to practo. At your age memory diseases like amnesia, dementia and Alzheimer's are not possible. People do forget many things when they are stressed, anxious etc. Even when we are busy, we forget many things and that is normal. Don't worry. Take care