Medicine Side Effects

Approximately 8 months ago I was diagnosed with low platelets count. Doctor prescribed me Pantocid 40 & Wysolone 10mg(5tabs daily). After 3 months my chicks get fatty. And after next 3 months the fatness of my chicks still increasing. Now its not increasing, but I can't decrease the fatness of my face. What should I do now? My recent platelets count is 82000.

Doctor Answers (3) on Medicine Side Effects

Dr. Anil B Sheth Ahmedabad | General Physician
As u r on steroids , like wysolone 10 mgm 5 tabs in a day.u r bound to put on weight. this is one of the reason to increase fat in yr cheek muscles.For low count of platelets , i will suggest u should consult hematologist.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern. wysolone is a steroid and there is a thing about steroids that they must be tapered and stopped rather than stopping them abruptly. also, the platelet count at present is on a lower side which is not good. kindly consult a M.D physician in person for the evaluation of the same. take treatment for whatever is causing the low platelet count and also,for the cheeks issue, ask for his opinion. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Well your platelets still are on the lower end...we need to evaluate the cause of your low platelet count ...about your cheeks you can do some cheek/face exercises and get rid of the fat...but the platelet counts definitely need to be looked on and evaluated...thank you