Medicine Duration
Due to my pain on my right side i.e upper hip, knee, elbow n neck a course is recommened to me i.e Shelcal 500 for 6 months, Nurgaba M 75 for 3 to 4 yrs, D Bright 60 k 3 to 4 yrs..just wanted to know that duration is too long and will it shw an adverse ill effect on my health as it may b overdos. Revisit doc after 3mth

hello there. whom did you consult? shelcal is a calcium supplement. it's OK to take it for 3 months after that you can take calcium rich foods. for VIT D3 you can take injections once a week for 3 days and then sit in the sun for about 20 mins so that VIT D3 can be produced in the body itself. for other medicines, consult a orthopedician. regards
Dr. Ajay Rao
Orthopedist 12 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi. The duration of nurgaba and D bright is definitely very long and not necessary. Recheck with your doctor