Medial Plica in knee
I have a medial plica in my right knee because of which I get inflammation or pain on doing running or other activities. My right calf and hamstring get very stiff too. What are the exercises / activities I should avoid and what should I do to recover fast ?

Dr. Ajay Rao
Orthopedist 12 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello, Medial plica cam cause pain and clicking sensation in your knee. If the pain is hindeeinhbyour activities ,itvis better to remove the plica by arthroscopic surgery. As far as your hamstring tightness is concerned, do stretching exercises for your hamstring and calf( videos available on Internet). Also get an x Ray of your spine done to rule out spondylolisthesis