Marriage problem

Unfortunately my husband lost his brother 7 years back. He was depressed & had to undergo a lot as he had to face problems closing his brothers business. he feels lonely & say he has whole in his heart which he needs to fill. He got involved with one of his office colleague emotional & wants to marry her. He wants all of us to live together as he has no intention to leave me & loves me. I have asked this model & asked him to come out of the relationship which has depressed me. He still continues to have the relation fearing that he will go back in sadness if he breaks up that relation. I want my marriage to work because I know we love each other a lot. He has denied to see a psychiatrist as he thinks its a logical decision. Please help me as I have no one to talk.

Doctor Answers (2) on Marriage problem

Dr. Ravi Prakash Bangalore | Psychiatrist
Unfortunately, these are the kinds of maladaptive behaviours you end up with if you don't have a proper understanding of grief reaction. However, in your case, it is not only that. There seems to be some more marital issues involved. Marriage is again a very complicated topic in itself. Your husband and you will need to sort out each of these issues separately. A professional counseling is a must. You can contact our centre for further steps. You can also email me at drravi2121@gmail. We will get back asap
Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, it does sound like your husband is going through an emotional imbalance due to which even you are facing severe conflicts. Unfortunately, this isn't something which can be resolved on the consult platform. Since you need professional help you can contact me for the same and we can discuss the problem at length. I'm sure you will be able to resolve your conflict in due time.