Male Pattern Baldness

I used to use Minoxidil 5% soln and I got very good results. I got a advice from an homeopathic doc and I stopped using it and switched to Indulekha instead. I had to use shampoo to wash oil off every morning. I think it has damaged my hair. Do you think it ll be a good idea to switch to Monoxidil again?? Should I use stronger soln of 10%?

Doctor Answers (2) on Male Pattern Baldness

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
How did you start using the Minoxidil in the first place? Damaged hair with baldness will require proper treatment from a certified ALLOPATHIC dermatologist. Starting Minoxidil isn't a bad option but it might not be the complete treatment. If you need the best results you need to show yourself to a dermatologist so that the doctor can examine your hair and scalp thoroughly and treat you accordingly. Now , especially since your hair are damaged it is imperative that you visit one dermatologist as soon as time permits.
Hi. Greetings. Better late than never. I don't know abbot what damage may have been caused but if you have certainly seen improvement with minoxidil 5% in the past, there's no reason that you should not start it again... However, may be worth while doing it under the direct guidance of a qualified dermatologist near you. Also there's no need to increase to 10% if five % worked for u initially. Hope this helps. Warm regards Dr Govind Suresh Mittal.