Macroglossia ENT

What is the treatment for macroglossia!  Will coblation of the tongue help in reducing the thickness! Or any oral medicine is available which can reduce the bulk size. I was asked to take tibrolin tablets which is only helpful in softening the tongue muscle. This is affecting my speech in terms of pronunciation.

Doctor Answers (1) on Macroglossia ENT

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Medical therapy for macroglossia is useful only when the etiology of the disease is a clearly defined, medically treatable entity such as hypothyroidism,infection, or amyloidosis. No medical treatments have proven useful when the etiology is unclear or the histology reveals simple hypertrophy or hyperplasia.

Multiple shapes of keyhole tongue resection are utilized, depending on the size of macroglossia. All of these have proven to be effective in restoring tongue function, but some resection types have shown better results than others with regard to physiologic outcome and return to homeostasis....