Lower abdomen pain

I had my appendix removed abt 5 years ago ,later I started having lower abdomen pain so I gone to general physician so the doctor said I had some stomach infection the next day the pain became unbearable so I was admitted to fortis hospital they said I was allergic to glutin and I was admitted and 15 days then piano eased and got discharged after a week the pain started again in lower abdomen so I went for Castro specialist he suggested for endoscopy and he confirmed that I had celic disease after 1 month of consultations the pain used to come and go at regular intervals I had colonscopy in kanva diagnostics but after 1 week doc suggested that I should have again colonscopy in his hospital so wat should I do the pain stills persists

Doctor Answers (1) on Lower abdomen pain

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi....., Celiac disease is a chronic, autoimmune digestive disorder that results in inflammation of the small intestine of genetically-susceptible individuals when they ingest gluten. In patients with celiac disease, ingestion of gluten results in an abnormal immune response that results in inflammation within the small intestine..... There's no cure for celiac disease — but following a strict gluten-free diet can help manage symptoms and promote intestinal healing..... The only treatment for celiac disease is adherence to a gluten-free diet.....