Low backbone pain

Hi , My husband is working in night shifts and he has lower backbone pain. We tested with a doctor nearby and he advised to increase the level of calcium in body as it was low for him and do exercises. He also gets that pain when he rides bike for a long time and usually he has to ride for more than 45 mins to and fro from office to house . I kindly request to get me the tips or suggestions in his diet that will be helpful to reduce the pain and also i wanted to mention here that he feels pain with the back if he stands for a long time . I am looking forward your reply so that we can take the next step to reduce the pain

Doctor Answers (1) on Low backbone pain

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Well it seems like he has early symptoms of spondylosis..well the best thing is avoid sitting position for a long time as it gives strain...its like he needs to avoid single posture for a long time..use hot compressions for pain relief.. I would suggest you to consult an orthopaedician and tk an opinion.. An x Ray would be required...meet physiotherapist as they will teach you exercises that will help in healing