Lot of brown discharge

I had my last period on 15 May, after it ended a slight brown discharge started. It was very dark in initial days but the color became lighter after 10-15 days. My period was supposed to start on 11 June but instead of period the flow of brown discharge increased, the color is still light brown. I am on pills(Dronis 20). I also took a home pregnancy test but it came out negative. I am very worried. Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Lot of brown discharge

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Whether or not you’re pregnant, in rare cases brown discharge can be a sign of a more serious issue... due to a cervical infection like pelvic inflammatory disease,Another possibility is an ovarian cyst, a fluid-filled sac that forms on or inside an ovary...pcod can have brown discharge.... I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for clinical examination they will do the needful.