Lose motions stomach ache
From last 2 days suffering from continuous lose motions. Even if i drink water , i have to rush to loo. It goes with high pain in stomach then need to walk towards loo. Took a few medicines suggested by local doctor, nothing worked. Went to hospital and just after checking the hp they asked me to be admitted. They said that it might be food poisoning or something like that. Even they are not sure. Any suggestions? I stay in Janakpuri, new Delhi . If being admitted is the only solution then which is the best hospital for this. I have the mediclaim policy.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Usually diarrhea are caused by either some toxins , bacteria or a parasite. Diarrhoea caused by bacterial toxins usually subside on their own but if they do not , the cause is something else. For which certain tests will be required. I would suggest you to consult a consultant physician in person and if he really feels you should get admitted, its better you do. Drink lots of water and other fluids. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.

Hello...... Diarrhea has only one serious complication.. Dehydration ,if you are dehydrated severely get admitted to hospital... In most cases it's not required... Drink plenty of water, you can take oral rehydrating solution available in pharmacy.. Most common cause for diarrhea is either infection or food poisoning.. If your unhygienic it's infecton. Any diarrhea should stop by 4 to 5 days Max. If it doesn't get admitted.