Loose motion
My Baby is just 5 days old. From yesterday evening, it has been going loose motion..til now it has gone for 6 times..Only mother feed is being given. So is it normal?

Dr. Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern and anxiety....history you have provided may be due to gastroenteritis or galactose intolerance...loose stools cause fluid loss and dehydration so one has to replenish fluids and electrolytes...take your child immediately to nearest pediatrician for clinical examination and for assessment of fluid loss they will do the needful.