Liver size increased

Hi.. My husband got his sonography done yesterday for his stomach pain. But another problem is also mentioned. His liver increased. "Liver Size is normal with increased echo pattern" that is mentioned in his report. He is high BP patient also . he doesn't drink . what is dis... How it develops. Is that any serious issue. Pls let me know. Thanks

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  In your subject you have mentioned as liver size increased but in description you are saying liver size normal. Which of this is right? Increase in the echo texture could mean that there is much fat accumulated in the liver. In overweight people and alcoholics its a common finding. He will need to lose weight. Consult a general physician in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.