Lichenplanus pigmentosus

I have been diagnosed LPP since 4-5 years ,It is on my  face& on chest I was applying sm ointments prescribed by a skin specialist for sm time it showed sm improvement bt after smtime it spreaded.whn there was no improvement thn I stopped for abut 6-7 months now again I showed to a new skin specialist,it is little lite

Doctor Answers (1) on Lichenplanus pigmentosus

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
LPP is generally a chronic, relapsing condition(keep reoccurring) with periods of exacerbations (worsening symptoms) separated by periods of remission (a decrease in or disappearance of symptoms).
Treatment for lichen planus pigmentosus is generally symptomatic and may include.
Topical (applied to the skin) corticosteroids
Topical calcineurin inhibitors (medications that are typically used to treat eczema)
Skin lightening agents
Laser therapy...since you are already on treatment continue the same and be in regular fallow up with your dermatologist