Leg doesnt bend from knee

Hi All
I underwant an accident in Jan 2015 n my left femur/ knee got displaced, under went an closed reduction surgery as well and 4 months plaster as well. Now the problem is i cant bend my left leg. It bends only till half from knee. Tried many excersises as well
So plz sugest what to do???
views-icons 131 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Leg doesnt bend from knee

Dr. Ravi Nayak Mumbai | Joint Replacement Surgeon
As I understand, you had a fracture around the knee for which you underwent surgery 4 months ago.
Fractures involving joints may lead to decreased range of motion depending on extent of injury to surrounding bone and soft tissue, and surgical technique.
These fractures usually take longer for normal movements to be achieved than fractures not involving the joints.
I would suggest that you continue with the physiotherapy regularly, and in consultation with your treating Orthopaedic surgeon, discuss if you may need any other intervention at this stage depending on primary fracture fixation and expected progress.