Left rib cage pain
Fell left side to stop a cricket ball..having pain near lower left rib cage...have i injured spleen? Or just muscle tear...pain is felt on movements majorly..walking.. turning while sleep...its around 5 days now.

Dr. Sharath Kumar
Rheumatologist 15 yrs exp Bangalore

I agree with Dr rashmi  since you been stable for so many days and because the pain increases with movement it is most likely due to injury to the intercoastal muscles.  you just need to meet a doctor or ask pharmacist to give me some pain Killers which you can take for a few days.  this will help not only reduce the pain but also probably help you in healing better by reducing the inflammation as well.  hope you get better soon
Dr. Rashmi T V
Hi Since you are stable for 5 days post injury chance of splenic injury is less likely , if it's just vague pain it could be due to intercostal muscles . If you have breathing difficulty or swelling at site of injury and tenderness consult physician immediately....