LE TUMIDUS ,dermatomyosit

In 2010 October diagnosed LE TUMIDUS (DLE) , Later 2012 October had mild Fever every day , ESR went to 84 , CPK -1284 , SGOT -82. Identified polymyositis given prednisone 30 mg for 6 weeks . Later tapered to 10 mg alternative days with Calicum and hydroxychloroquine 200 mg. Once in 3 months EST ,CPK , SGOT and Sugar test are taken and it is normal . I am in this 10 mg alternative days steroids for the 2 years. Can we bring this down further . I don't have any SKIN Rash from 2010 , and avoiding Sun light by Sun cream lotion and umbrella. I will consultation with General Physician Ramachandra hospital . Can we bring down dosage , I have already taken test for SLE ( ANA DNA , C3 , C4 ) in 2010 , 2012 all are negative . Physically I am fit able to walk every for 20-30 min.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Greetings - I feel the dosage you are on is fine. However, such disorders are best discussed under direct guidance of a qualified dermatologist/ rheumatologist. I'd also suggest regular - annula check up of all parameters in view of your illness and chronic intake of medication - so that any systemic worsening can be picked up early. continue follow up with your doctor. warm regards