Late periods
Hello. I am a 20 year old girl. I had chickengunia 15 days back and I am still on precautionary medication And my period is late by 3 days.

Dr. Harisha N L

Your menstrual cycle is under hormonal control. The ovary usually releases one egg (ovulation) each month, and about two weeks after, the uterine lining sheds, resulting in menstruation. If the egg is fertilized, it is implanted into the uterus and menstruation does not occur. However, if ovulation does not occur regularly, the body does not send signals to the uterus to regulate menstruation. Stress, jet lag, lack of sleep and too much exercise can disrupt your hormonal balance and cause a change in your usual menstrual cycle...so it may be due to stress...consult gynecologists if it persists long.
Dr. Shikha Shah
Gynecologist 6 yrs exp Mumbai
If you are not sexually active just wait and watch. U will get your periods once your body heals. If any doubt, just get your urine pregnancy test done after a week.