Lasik surgery

I am a student perusing engineering and wish to get into merchant navy. I need to have good eye sight for the same and intend to get a lasik done. So my question for the practo community is, where can I get it done from? Are there multiple forms of this surgery? How much would it cost me? Thank you.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

Dear....most of ur queries have been answered very beautifully by my colleagues. I would touch one unanswered part of your question. Lasik is of many types...basic one is standard microkeratome lasik where we treat ur spherical or cylinder component only with microkeratome blade...next is C lasik or customized lasik which means in addition to correct ur refractive error we also treat aberrations which are first identified by aberrometer and then selectively corrected to give u crisp vision. Another is bladefree lasik or femtolaser where whole procedure of lasik is dame except that the flap is created not by microkeratome blade but by femto laser which is more predictable and decreases chances of flap complications. Latest advancement is SMILE lasik where we dont create any flap so no flap related complications

Hello there. LASIK stands for Laser Assisted In Situ Ketaromileusis. It's basically re shaping the cornea which is the clear portion of the eye. You can get it done from any good ophthalmologist. Or any good eye hospital in your city. I wouldn't comment on the cost part of your question because the cost varies from city to city and hospital to hospital and doctor to Doctor. So for cost you will have to consult a ophthalmologist in person and discuss. Also you also need to be examined to see whether you are a candidate for surgery or not. So kindly consult a ophthalmologist in person for further help. All the best for your merchant navy. Regards

LASIK surgery is a type of refractive eye surgery. During the procedure, an eye surgeon creates a flap in the cornea, and then uses a laser to reshape the cornea and correct focusing problems in the eye. Your results depend on your specific refractive error and other factors. People with a low grade of nearsightedness tend to have the most success with refractive surgery. People with a high degree of nearsightedness or farsightedness along with astigmatism have less predictable results. Consult Ophthalmologist for further advice...