Lactose intolerance
Sir I am a partial lactose intolerant . I can digest only little amount of milk . Daily I consume 200-300 ml of milk with whey . And I feel my stomach starts a little bloated . Can this lactose intolerance has any impact on calcium consumption from milk I take?

Hi. Reducing the dairy products doesn't mean you can't get enough calcium. Calcium is found in many other foods, such as: Broccoli Calcium-fortified products, such as breads and juices Canned salmon Milk substitutes, such as soy milk and rice milk Oranges Pinto beans Rhubarb Also make sure you get enough vitamin D, which is typically supplied in fortified milk. Eggs, liver and yogurt also contain vitamin D, and your body makes vitamin D when you spend time in the sun. Even without restricting dairy foods, though, many adults don't get enough vitamin D. Talk to your doctor about taking vitamin D and calcium supplements to be sure.