L/S Neck pain
Been experiencing mild discomfort in the left side of my neck, which feels like a sprain, but sometimes if I exert too much pressure, there is a mild radiating tingling feeling in my upper arm till my elbow on my left arm. Kindly tell me if I should take any oral painkillers?

Dr. Neha Gupta
Physiotherapist 5 yrs exp Delhi
Hi It must be muscle spasm which is causing pain, overexertion increases the stiffness which leads to nerve compression. Apply hot water bag there for 20 mins then you can apply bikini or any muscle relaxing balm. Then do gentle rolling of arms n shoulder. This might help you, you can take muscle relaxant . Proper strengthening and stretching exercises will give you long term relief.