Kyphosis and lordosis

I had developed excessive lordosis at the age of 13 and I did not really get into physiotherapy at that time. This resulted in upper spine compensating for the excessive lower back curve. So now at the age of 20 I have lordosis as well as kyphosis. My height is 5.6 feet when I stand. The curve does not flatten from the lower back when I lie on ground. Can this be resolved with the help of specific treatment and physiotherapy?

Doctor Answers (1) on Kyphosis and lordosis

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...... If lordosis is detected during childhood, then braces should be worn to prevent further worsening of this condition.....For severe cases of lordosis, which does not benefit from the medical measures, surgery is required where the spine is straightened using metal rod, screws or hooks. During surgery, bone grafting can also be done to promote new growth and to stabilize the spine..... Consult orthopedician.....