Knuckle crackling

I have been crackling my right wrisht knuckles from 6 years. But now when i twist or turn my wrist even for turning pages it knuckles itself. There is no pain but i feel a bit of locking(very less). Is this can create any kind of problem in future. What should i do to stop my wrist from knuckling itself.

Doctor Answers (2) on Knuckle crackling

Dr. Sandip Gupta Delhi | Orthopedic Surgeon
Crackling if occurring on its own is normal but u should not do it yourself as it lenghthen ligaments which allows excessive movement at joint and can cause arthritis to occur early. The ligaments take more than a week to come back to normal lenghthen. Break the habit.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, cracking of knuckles is very common. It involves that you bend your joint  either ways in order for it to crack. If it becomes a habit then you will try to crack it often and may cause excessive load/pressure on the joint and this might cause damage to your ligaments and capsule around the joint. So avoid cracking of knuckles for few months and see .Don't worry its not harmful