Knee Ligament Tear

I have injured my knee ACL Ligament. Can it be repaired by physiotheraphy, as now i dont have much pain and can walk bit normally. I can also have movement in my knee without much pain. Actually some doctor advised its ACL Injury. Please recommend me the precaution and repair method. I play normal sports not a sportsperson.

Doctor Answers (1) on Knee Ligament Tear

Dr. Somanna Malchira Bangalore | Joint Replacement Surgeon
Acl is an important stabiliser of your knee. It is important for rotatory stability.. Once acl is torn it rarely heals by itself, however acl deficient knees can achieve good amount of stability with Physiotherapy to strengthen the other muscular stabilisers. So your day to day activities will not be affected. However if you want to play sports or take part in strenuous activity it is better to get the acl reconstructed. An orthopaedic surgeon specialised in arthroscopic surgery will be able to help you.