Knee. Joint pain

For the past two months I have been having an internal pain in both my knees. My blood report is normal and there is no external swelling or redness. However I feel internally as though my knees are numb and inspite of doing basic exercises I feel a pressure is being put on my knees while walking. This problem persists throughout the day making it difficult for me to even walk. As of the past two months I have been facing problem in walking and hence I take rest at home. Orthopaedic doctor checked my knee externally and said there is no problem. I request you to suggest the remedy that I should do to cure this problem as I am in deep pain. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (1) on Knee. Joint pain

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.you should know that some of the most common reasons for knee pain are sprained ligaments, meniscus (cartilage) tears, tendonitis, and runner's knee.sometimes it might also be due to bursitis,osteoarthritis, patellofemoral pain syndrome etc. Most of the time hot compression with a cloth thrice daily, over the counter analgesic for few days and Complete rest for 5-6weeks with little movement of the affected region results in considerable healing of that region. But even after doing this, if you are not getting any relief it might be due to one of the causes I have mentioned above. So kindly Consult a orthopedic surgeon for further management.