Knee and shin itch
I have been having itching around my knee and shin for more than a month now. The skin turns red after itching. Initially I thought it was dry skin, but ointments, oils have little effect. My blood sugar levels are normal. What are the possible causes? Should I get more tests done?

Dr. Govind S Mittal

Hi. There could be several reasons for itchy shins, commonest being dry skin. However you should see a qualified dermatologist to discuss the same and the line of treatment. If diagnosis is certain, you don't need to spend further for any tests. Let Me know if you need any further assistance in this regard.