Kitten during pregnancy
Hi, I am 33weeks pregnant n a small kitten came in my house and not going out of my house. I want to know if it's safe to keep a kitten during pregnancy .

Dr. Devjani Das (Ganguly)
Gynecologist 16 yrs exp Kolkata
It is better to avoid contact with cats and animals during pregnancy. There is a risk of transmission of infections like Toxoplasmosis, which may go unnoticed by you if you get infected, but will be transmitted to the baby and can cause problems. Moreover, after the baby is born, there may be issues with general cleanliness and hygiene, or allergy from cat fur.