Kidney functioning
My motherfemale 68. Recently wehad her DTPA scan showd RK :17.82 and LK: 15.52 with total GFR OF around 33.34 We consulted a nephrologist he said it is mainly because of PTH Hormone because she had one little enlarged parathyroid gland.her pth is 250 with drug.are there anything we can do to maintain or improve her GFR
177 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Prashant C Dheerendra
General Physician 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Dear Sir, there is no single step that guarantees an improvement in GFR. You will need to address a number of matters (high blood pressure, protein leakage, lots hemoglobin, high phosphorus and PTH, etc) for best possible outcome. Take care.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.