Keloid after ear piercing
I had gotten my ear pierced years ago. A keloid formed near the piercing. It now seems to have moved away from the pierced hole and is very tiny but it still pains when I wear any earings. What should I do?
51 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

Keloid after ear piercing is a common condition especially when piercing is done in cartilaginous part of pinna. In initial stages if the keloid is very small intralesional steroid injection is sufficient but when its big it needs to be excised completely and steroid may need to be given post operatively for few weeks to avoid recurrence
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?