Joint pain & psoriasis
I am sufering from jonit pain and psoriasis  from last 4 year       please help me who is the best doctor for me plz. Reply
33 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Hithysh BM
General Physician 3 yrs exp Bangalore
hi der... psoriasis symptoms Raised, bright red patches of skin camera.gif, often covered with loose, silvery scales, usually on the knees, elbows, or low back. Tiny areas of bleeding when skin scales are picked or scraped off (Auspitz's sign). Mild scaling to thick, crusted plaques on the scalp. Itching, especially during sudden flare-ups or when the psoriasis patches are in body folds, such as under the breasts or buttocks. Discolored or pitted nails. Other symptoms of psoriasis may include: Similar plaques in the same area on both sides of the body (for example, both knees or both elbows). Flare-ups of many raindrop-shaped patches (guttate psoriasis). Joint swelling, tenderness, and pain (psoriatic arthritis). Psoriasis patches that appear after an injury, such as a cut, a burn, or too much sun. This is called Koebner's phenomenon. Because this response is common, it's important for people with psoriasis to avoid irritating or injuring their skin. treatment For moderate to severe psoriasis, you may need to use a topical medicine prescribed by your doctor, such as a corticosteroid or a medicine related to vitamin D called calcipotriene. Other topical medicines include anthralin and tars. Your doctor may have you use occlusion therapy. This means wrapping the skin after applying moisturizers or medicated creams or gels. The wrap can be fabric or plastic. Occlusion keeps the area moist and can make the medicated creams work better. Steroid cream may be used with the occlusion treatment method for small areas, but not for more than a few days. Occlusion of large areas may cause side effects such as thinning of the skin. Talk to your doctor before using occlusion therapy, to make sure that you do it safely. kindly consult dermatologist and orthopedician.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?