Jaw/chin pain & strangling sensation
I woke up one day without a voice and had started a croupy cough. I had been experiencing jaw/chin pain and the feeling of being strangled near the thyroid area. I had an ultrasound of thyroid and it was normal. I had an ultrasound of soft tissue and enlarged nodes were found. Also, chest xray which showed pleural effusion. After antibiotics and CT scans, all was normal. I'm still having these issues. The doctor claimed it was due to allergies. I also have edema on my cheek, almost similar to a malar bag. Also, I experience burning sensations throughout my body. My thyroid area is tender to touch and my throat is as well. This all comes and goes. One day it will be bad, the next not so much. Any ideas? I'm losing my mind.

Check for any infection. Better to rule out tuberculosis as there is lymphadenopathy and pleural effusion

Pain under left side of chin