Itchy scalp
I have recently been facing itchy scalp problem with hair loss and thinning of hair. I can see dandruff as a one of the major cause. I have been using shampoo to get rid of it but no use. Should I consult a dermatologist for the same??

Dr. Zubin Mandlewala
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Mumbai
Hi. I would like to mention that hairloss and thinning of hair per se are not the result of an itchy scalp. Yes, a dermatologist has to gauge the problem by means of a detailed history. A medicated 2% ketoconazole based shampoo may help, but again after careful assessment. Regards, Dr. Zubin Mandlewala MUMBAI