Itching with bumps

My son often scratches his hands, legs and other body areas. The places where he scratches look like mosquito bite bumps although there are no mosquitoes in our home. Sometimes he scratches so severely that it starts bleeding. There are no bed bugs and we keep our mattress and bed-sheets clean. I am not sure if there are some other insects or termites biting him or he has some skin allergy.

Doctor Answers (1) on Itching with bumps

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Dermatologist
Your son probably has dry skin. Your description of his problem suggests that he is either having dry skin eczema or papular urticaria (insect bite reaction). I am sure that you keep your house etc clean..but in a country like India, so far, we haven't really been able to control the mosquito menace. And ONLY 1 mosquito is enough to create severe itching (not in normal individuals like you and me) in boys like yours with dry skin. So a debate on if this is really due to mosquito bite is moot. Make sure that your son wears cotton clothes (full sleeves and pants all the time), and use a little odomos on his skin before he goes out or even when at home. Apply coconut oil 15 min before you give him a bath and bathe him with lukewarm water not hot. Use a mild soap. Also, for the itching you will need prescription medicines so visit an allopathic dermatologist near you. Before you choose your dermatologist read this http://www.skinmatra.com/single-post/2016/07/03/Skin-Troubles-Here-is-WHAT-NOT-TO-DO