Itching on whole body

I m having sever itching on my whole body,i get up in mid night because of the same. But there is not any type of of rashes or any thing on my skin. pls recommend me any test or medicine.

Doctor Answers (1) on Itching on whole body

Hi. Greetings. Dear ma'am, I wish to enlighten you that itching and rashes could be due to many many reasons and may be tough for us to diagnose with the limited history you have provided. I would wish to request you to send images of the rashes if you have any. Itching may even be due to just dryness and use a moisturising cream daily at bed time and after bath for entire body. If itching is persistent do cbc, esr, Ige, lft, serum creat, tsh and see a dermatologist near you. Most likely you have urticaria. You may need oral anti histamines to control your symptoms. Meet a dermatologist for detailed evaluation and treatment. Hope this helps .