Itching on upper thighs

Hi Doctors, I am feeling itching on one side of upper thighs since few days. scratching it never stops my itching rather increases it. There has become a blackish patch now and some thick glue kind of sweat I can feel all the time even in cold room. I am waering light clothes. What shall I do? I read on internet that some fungus formation may have resulted in to such case. Please enlighten me on this. Thanks in advance!

Doctor Answers (1) on Itching on upper thighs

Greetings. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. Avoid wearing inner wear when at home/ at bed time.You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps