Itching in whole body

I have two pet rabbits, they are having fungle infection and are under treatment. I am having itching in my entire body since last 15 days i usually avoid taking medicines. Is there a normal precaution i could take so in a while i recover without medicine?

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. Do you have any rash or skin lesions. If so kindly send pictures of the same or see a qualified dermatologist near you for assessment and evaluation for the cause of itching and specific treatment. Fungal infection is quite common and This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps.