Itching in the thighs

I have itching in between the thighs. I have tried all the commercially available ointments but no luck, it reduces for sometime and again increases

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal

Hi. Greetings. You may have a fungal infection.Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps. For further queries, you can contact me on follow up private chat . Dr Govind Suresh Mittal, Bangalore