Is it arthritis?

I am having crunching, popping and grinding noises in my neck and shoulder. There is not much pain in joints but, the muscles do feel tight and painful. I always get urge to stretch these muscles This is on my ride side. Now, my skull and back side of neck also seems to be having numbness or muscle spasm on the right side. There is some pressure in right ear too which gets relieved temporarily when I rotate my head. Is this arthritis causing a pinched nerve or blocking an artery? Can you suggest? Thanks.

Doctor Answers (1) on Is it arthritis?

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, that could be paraspinal muscle or arthritis or disc prolapse .. Symptoms overlap in these conditions ,its difficult to differentiate without MRI. If you have weight lifting history it could be disc prolapse , Even in arthritis there are many types like septic arthritis , spondylitis etc... So Consult orthopedic surgeon with MRI of LS spine.