Is Cow milk good?

Hi, Is cow milk good for 2 months old baby? Will my baby able to digest? Should I wait until she turns 6 months?

Doctor Answers (3) on Is Cow milk good?

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern. 
Why do you want to give the child cow's milk?
Is there any problem?
Are you not able to produce enough milk?
Nothing apart from mother's milk is to be given to the child till the child completes 6 months of age. Not even water.
Even after 6 months, breast feeding is to be continued for as long as possible.
Consult a pediatrician in person for further evaluation and management. 
Best regards.
Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Bangalore.

DR .V.HARI PRASAD Chittoor | General Physician
Not advisable .breast milk not only good for baby but also good for mother(if she feeds her baby with breast milk).in case no breast milk is available you can give artificial milk or formula feeds under the supervision of paediatrician as a precaution fresh cows milk cant be given until 12 months because it causes certain problems for your baby..you can start other liquid foods or semi solid food from 4-5 months.consult me in private messages I can send an image for you or consult any paediatrician.
visit family medicine/paediatrician for best results.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello I suggest you to give  only mother's milk to the baby until it turns 6 months old and not to feed her with supplementary ,formula feeds,  or any other kinds or even water in that case for 6 months t...he baby should be exclusively breastfed after that you can start supplementary feeding which might be cows milk as well as other food items like Raji or any adult food in smashed form... thank you