Irritation in eyes

Hi sir/mam I'm a student preparing for cat 2016 exam. And I daily used to study overnight without having a sleep at night and in long sittings of generally 3_4 hrs. And due to all this irritation starts in my eyes several times with tears coming out resulting in acute redness sometimes. I have used rose water etc. but they even worsened the situation. How can I get relief from this??

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello this may be due to dryness you can 1. Blink a lot 2. Wash eyes with fresh water 3. Cold compresses 4. Use lubricating eye drop like flogel This is a provisional diagnosis. consult your ophthalmologist for detailed examination
Dr. Pranav Dave
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 11 yrs exp Surat

When your sleep is less and when you have to read for long periods of time, your eyes become dry. Use lubricating eye drops like genteal or refresh ezee 4 times a day and your symptoms will be relieved.