Irritation and soreness

Hi Sir/Madam, i got married in dec2015, since that only few times i have done unprotected sex with my partner. Most of the time i take precautions. My partner has white discharge issue, she took 7 days course of putting capsule in her vagina but that didn't help. We are planning for baby now but I believe white discharge is effecting on my genital now. I have attached the picture of genital where you can see the dryness. Also skin near my Penis head is damaged. Please suggest what to do. This is itching very badly. Appreciate your quick response.

Doctor Answers (1) on Irritation and soreness

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...unfortunately no picturebhas been attached. From your complaints it looks like you could be suffering from balanoposthitis, probably secondary to candidiasis. This could be transferred from partner who has white discharge. Kindly refrain from intercourse until both of you are treated. After that try using condom as much as possible. You can use lukewarm water to wash your genitals. Do not apply any antiseptics like dettol or savlon or even soaps. You will have to started on antihistamines and oral/topical antifungals. Kindly consult a dermatologist for further treatment.