Irregular periods

My periods have been irregular for the past 7 years. Sometimes I may not get periods for 3 months at a stretch. My body weight keeps fluctuating. I weighed 43 kgs 7 years ago now I weigh 40 kgs. What is wrong with me?

Dr. Panchani
Gynecologist 8 yrs exp Surat

hi good evening thnxs for your Question i think u lose wt. so u have to undergo some basic investigations in your case do complete anemia profile .  and also do plevic ultrasound and let me inform your reports  on my id itsmedrdarshan@gmail.com

Hello there, In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. If the periods are delayed but regular in every cycle, then the chances are that the woman has a naturally long menstrual cycle and that this delay in her periods is normal for her