Irregular periods

Hi doctor, i m unmarried and vergin too.i had my periods when i was 12 yrs.since 5 years i m working and because of shifts pattren i diddnt havproper periods from 3 yrs.since last 8 months i m working 9 to 5 day job.beacuse of that since 6 months i m having continuous periods.and some days flow ia too much.but i never get any pain or any weaknes.now i m very serious abt my health and little sacred also.i want normal periods cycle as a normal women.plz advice me hope this is curable.i m very worried thanks yogita

Doctor Answers (1) on Irregular periods

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there....., In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. If the periods are delayed but regular in every cycle, then the chances are that the woman has a naturally long menstrual cycle and that this delay in her periods is normal for her