Irregular Periods

Hello Dr I missed my periods this month..earlier i had cyst but on one of the ovary but now it is not there i hav taken the treatment for irregular perieods for almost 1 and a half year it was like 3 months course after every 3 months i was on it then my harmones were normal..and my periods were regular from past 3-4 months but now again this Month i hav missed it. I dont want to go back to those medicine as it increased my weight 10-20 kg & it had ill effects is there any alternative and cyst is no more there..or i should weight and see another month.. I had white discharge but periods still not started my date was 4th and even i had pre menstrual syndrome but no periods should i wait and see

Hello.., polycystic ovarian syndrome is the most common cause for irregular periods in these days. It's due to hormonal imbalance between LG and FSH. Common symptoms are irregular periods, hirsutism, weight gain.. It's long term problem.. Reduction in weight shows significant improvement in pcos... Oral contraceptive pills regularise periods with minimal bleeding...