Irregular period

Hi doctor I m having irregularities in period since my menarche and when now I'm 25 , the problem still persists , I'm also gaining weight my height is 168 cm and weight 62 kg , also I generally remain weak most of the times .Have visited many doctors , and initially they gave me oral contraceptive pills , then meprate and lupigest to get the period . Also an ultrasound was done like few years back which diagnosed PCOS syndrome . Few doctors suggested that the problem will be rectified once I'm married and give birth to a baby . Want to know what should I right now? Shall I continue taking medicines every month to get the period. It's causing a mental dissatisfaction in me. Pls help

Doctor Answers (1) on Irregular period

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..., To regulate your menstrual cycle, your doctor may recommend combination birth control pills — pills that contain both estrogen and progestin. These birth control pills decrease androgen production and give your body a break from the effects of continuous estrogen, lowering your risk of endometrial cancer and correcting abnormal bleeding. As an alternative to birth control pills, you might use a skin patch or vaginal ring that contains a combination of estrogen and progestin. During the time that you take this medication to relieve your symptoms, you won't be able to conceive...