Irregular period
Hi doctor I m having irregularities in period since my menarche and when now I'm 25 , the problem still persists , I'm also gaining weight my height is 168 cm and weight 62 kg , also I generally remain weak most of the times .Have visited many doctors , and initially they gave me oral contraceptive pills , then meprate and lupigest to get the period . Also an ultrasound was done like few years back which diagnosed PCOS syndrome . Few doctors suggested that the problem will be rectified once I'm married and give birth to a baby . Want to know what should I right now? Shall I continue taking medicines every month to get the period. It's causing a mental dissatisfaction in me. Pls help
43 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

Hi..., To regulate your menstrual cycle, your doctor may recommend combination birth control pills — pills that contain both estrogen and progestin. These birth control pills decrease androgen production and give your body a break from the effects of continuous estrogen, lowering your risk of endometrial cancer and correcting abnormal bleeding. As an alternative to birth control pills, you might use a skin patch or vaginal ring that contains a combination of estrogen and progestin. During the time that you take this medication to relieve your symptoms, you won't be able to conceive...
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.