Ipill usage

Hi, I was diagnosed with PCOS and have been taking ginette 35 , two days back I had unprotected sex which ws the 14 th day of medication from start of pack, even though I have been taking ginette regularly but missed it on the 11 th day of start of pack, so shd I take an ipill now to avoid pregnancy or continue my ginette? The last time I took an ipill it caused me heavy bleeding fr a couple of days. Kindly advice.

Doctor Answers (1) on Ipill usage

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.... You are already taking ginette.. It acts as oral contraceptive if taken regularly, so no need to take another pill... Stopping ginette causes profuse bleeding... Cyproteron actate is derivative of progesterone which is there in ginnete.. On missing one pill, the missed Pill must be taken within 12 hours, even if it means having to take two pills at the same time on the next day. Continue the remainder of the pack as usual.